- Buy Local
- Summer Concert Series
- Listener Society
August 2012 Community Conversations
- August 1, 2012 The Artisans Center of Virginia dropped by to tell us about their mission as well as their upcomming conference. Find out more about bother the center, and the conference by visiting artisanscenterofvirginia.org or by calling Sherry Smith at 540-946-3294.
- August 3, 2012 Representatives from Downtown Roanoke Inc. and The Partnership For A Better Downtown Roanoke shared plans for the future of the Market Square area and inspired us with information about how we can make a difference by keeping our dollars in our community by shopping downtown.
- August 8, 2012 Frank Rogan and Jas Heim from United Way of Roanoke Valley came by to discuss United Way of Roanoke Valley's mission, as well as the impact that UWRV has on the residents of the Roanoke Valley. If you'd like to know more about investing in our community, visit UWRV.org.
- August 10, 2012 Cynthia Lawrence Shared with us the story of what is being done by Food For Thought - An Edible Education Partnership to help middle school students in Roanoke City Schools obtain a better understanding of local food, nutrition, and the career opportunities that exist in those fields. If you'd like to get involved, visit foodforthoughtva.org or call Cynthia at 540-344-8958 ext 302.
- August 15, 2012 Anita Bevins from Half Acre Promotions shared more information about the upcomming Catawba Farm Fest.
- August 17, 2012 We were visited by Denise and Jackie from Bethany Hall. Bethany Hall in Old Southwest is one of only two substance recovery centers in Virginia that offer services for pregnant women and women with children, allowing those children to stay with them while they go through treatment. Please remember that Bethany Hall cannot continue to serve our community without the generous contributions of household items as well as financial assistance from our friends and neighbors in the community. Find out how you can help at BethanyHall.org or by calling 540-343-4261 ext 307.
- August 29, 2012 Mike Wray and Amy Sheets of Norfolk Southern joined Charlotte Kidd of JDRF to share with us all of the details about this year's Roanoke Walk To Cure Diabetes being held September 23rd at the Virginia Museum of Transportation. You can get all of the registration details by visiting walk.JDRF.org or calling 540-772-1975.
- August 31, 2012 David Perry and Diana Hackenberg of the Western Virginia Land Trust told us all about their mission and how we can have fun while helping conserve land in Southwestern Virginia. Get details about the Conservation Celebration taking place on September 16, 2012 by visiting westernvirginialandtrust.org or by calling 540-985-0000.
August 1, 2012
August 3, 2012
August 8, 2012
August 10, 2012
August 15, 2012
August 17, 2012
August 29, 2012
August 31, 2012